the Cameron's new pitbull, Delilah
how cute is she?!
Auntie Rel and D
getting the champagne glasses ready for midnight
bringing in the new year with one of my oldest friends!
Kevin

Chris and Kevin making some noise for 2009

John.. we were the social committee :)

Chris

New Years day was spent watching a very disappointing bowl game. Clemson vs Nebraska, we lost 26-21. It was a good match up but they had a better second half.

Chris and Kevin making some noise for 2009

John.. we were the social committee :)

Chris

New Years day was spent watching a very disappointing bowl game. Clemson vs Nebraska, we lost 26-21. It was a good match up but they had a better second half.
Friday Mom, Jess and I went to Lupis for some calzones and bruschetta for lunch then I headed to Mel's to meet up with her and John to make our reunion facebook and myspace pages. That was of course entertaining trying to figure out what to do and playing on the internet for a few hours while watching football. John and I later met up with our friend Kevin to watch the night bowl games at the Roof Bar downtown. This bar is on top of a restaurant and is closed in with a porch but can be fully open in the warmer months. Its a really fun atmosphere if you haven't been!
Saturday night Chris, the Cranes and myself met up for a little dinner and game night. We ate at this restaurant in downtown Chattanooga called Genghis Grill. If you haven't been, its below the Vaudeville Cafe across from TGIFridays. Its a really cool place. You go in and there's a buffet. They give you this little silver bowl and tell you to pack in as many raw ingredients as you can, season it, put some sauce in a cup then hand it to the chef. So we gathered our ingredients and left it up to the chef to grill our concoctions. It was so cool! And I think we all enjoyed our meals.
Here's miss Em at the restaurant!
After dinner we went back to the Crane residence for some Phase 10. Phase 10 is this really neat card game that you can play with as many people as you want. It's challenging and competitive and it's all about strategy. You can find it in your local Target with the decks of cards for about $6 I believe. Give it a shot! Just make sure you have plenty of time to play because it is time consuming.
Sunday I sadly packed up my many bags of belongings and hit the road for my 5 hour trip back to Charlotte. It was an un-eventful ride which was just fine! I had a blast in Chattanooga and already miss all of my friends as always!

.jpg)
2 comments:
Hey girl! First of all, in reply to your comment on my blog, I find myself in the same catch... after the results of this weekend's games I find myself a bit deflated and clueless as to who I want to pull for!!
Your New Year's looked like a blast!! So cool to catch up with old friends through you! And I LOVE some phase 10! I haven't been to the last place you mentioned to eat, but we have a place called Golden Eagle here in the boro and it sounds just like that, where you put stuff in a bowl and they cook it and then serve it on noodles or rice! Yummy!
Next time you're in Nashville, try out the Genghis Grill in Cool Springs. I personally think it is 10 times better than Chatt only because it's been around a little longer. we LOVE that place and raved about it CONSTANTLY and then Chatt finally got one!!!
I love how you "sell" all of your adventures - ie: Phase 10 - I think you should get comission on that wonderful sales pitch to all your readers!! We love some P10 as brent calls it!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment