Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas in Seneca

Ok I know I am really far behind on posting and I really don't have a good excuse as I was off for a week and a half from work, but I'm catching back up today so be prepared for several posts!

The weekend before Christmas my mom's side of the family met in Seneca, SC (near Clemson in upstate SC for those who aren't familiar with the area) for our annual family Christmas get together. Friday I got off work a little early because I had to take Woody to the vet. He didn't need shots or anything and actually I just needed to buy some more heart worm pills for him, but the vet insisted on checking him out because they haven't seen him since he was a puppy. Yep - same vet we went to when we lived here before! So I brought him in. Normally he is pretty excited about going for a car ride but not this time. I don't know if he knew he was going to the vet (doubt it) but he was just whining and whimpering and acting really nervous the whole 10 min car ride to the vet. So we get there, go back into the room and he's ok. The vet assistant takes him out of our room to the back to weigh him. He went willingly but I think he thought I was behind him. Not long after he went back I heard a lot of commotion and just hoped that wasn't my dog! About 15 min later they brought him back in my room and the vet explained that she thinks my dog had an anxiety attack while in the back. Seriously?! A dog having an anxiety attack. Ok, so I am gathering from her concern that he freaked out a little and didn't want to cooperate. Not something I've ever heard from a vet or a kennel when leaving him. Our vet in Birmingham was upset to hear I had taken him away from them when I called for his records. Anyway, so after a really serious, stressful talk with the vet who wanted me to tell her why my dog had an anxiety attack, we left the vet. I have no clue what happened and thought he was acting a little funny on the way there, guess he was just having a bad day. So with a much happier dog now that he was back with his mommy, we went back home, grabbed our belongings for a weekend trip and headed to Greenville, SC to stay with our cousins Jeffrey and his wife Rory. My Aunt Connie, Uncle Tef and cousin Jason met us at a restaurant to watch the 1-AA championship football game that was going on in Chatt-town then we headed home for some rest. Saturday was a rainy day so the cousins, Woody and I just laid around until it was time to head to Seneca for the family Christmas gathering. As always, our Christmas dinner and present swap was a lot of fun and it was great to see all of my relatives, minus cousin Morgan who had to work the next day. We missed you kiddo!

Here are a few pics:
Uncle Phil, Mama, Aunt Connie and Mom

Mama and her grandchildren

cousins + additions

Jason practicing his pool skills with the mini table I got him haha


This Christmas celebration normally ends after the gift exchange and we all go our separate ways. The adults still did that but the kids stayed together this year. Our cousin Jason turned 21 the next day so we all went back to Greenville to Jeff's apt and celebrated! We hung out at Jeff's with the cousins and a few of Jason's friends from college and then all went downtown at midnight and met up with some of my guy friends from Columbia. It was such a fun night! I'm so glad we were all able to stay and celebrate with Jason! We took a ton of pics, even a few videos of the boys dancing ;), but I'll only post a few... Enjoy!

cousin Jason aka the birthday boy

his last underage drink.. and YES - it was fruity! haha

Blake's gf who got initiated to the fam that night Erin :), sister Jessica, and cousin Blake

my boys from Columbia! Eric, Mike and Travis

tiger slushies with Jimmy, cousin Jason, and Travis

the cousins out in G-vegas!

cousin Blake, cousin Jason and Jason's roommate Trey on the mic (which was off haha)

boy cousins dancing!

Woody was worn out from playing with all his cousins!


Such a great weekend with the fam! Hated to see it end... Lets do it again ASAP! :)

No comments: